Sunday, 12 January 2014

52 weeks of Vicki - week 2

Good morning

Hurrah another sunny one - I do love them. Our dining room faces south so its been a lovely sunny and late breakfast here today.

I didn't mean to be up quite so late but my body was tired from a lovely but tiring day yesterday. Our first dance event of 2014 - Whittlesey Straw Bear Festival in the Fens.

It was a very early start - we left just after 7 and I travelled with a group of friends. We had an in car breakfast picnic - bacon sandwiches, banana muffins and lots of coffee.

Now I think Suffolk is flat but the Cambridgeshire Fens are even flatter - once the sun came up you could see for miles - I just wish I'd been more awake and taken some photos.

Now as ever with Morris stuff - I can't take pics and dance so I've pinched the first few from a friend!!

 I'm in the middle with my back to the camera!!

As you can see taking pics was tricking - the sun was very bright and the streets packed so moving about to get a better angle wasn't easy.

I've just opened the patio doors and snapped this view - the garden bathed in low winter sunshine;

So week 2 of the year and lots of happy stuff. No more dancing out for a while but we've a winter full of practises to get through - I for one need the practise - I managed to hit myself yesterday on the face and am now sporting a slightly black eye!! Must learn sticks bounce back when you hit with them and if you lose concentration for a second you will get hit!!! 

Right a sister has just arrived so I'd best get the coffee on!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx


Jacquie said...

Happy dancing and happy sunny Sunday Vicki. Love your garden view.
Jacquie x

topchelseagirl said...

Ouch! Yes I agree that Cambridgeshire is far flatter than Suffolk or Norfolk.

Liz said...

Oh dear, Vicki - hope your black eye isn't too sore! Looks like fun, though!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

dottycookie said...

Oh, we nearly went to Whittlesea yesterday but my kids were freaked out by the pictures of the straw bear. You had a wonderful day for it!

Tracy said...

I couldn't get over how flat the debs were when we visited Cambridgeshire! Your dancing looks great although the black eye sounds a bit painful. Practice makes perfect so they say. Enjoy x


Just love the outfits .. some rather spanking purple Doc's the lady is sporting.
It all looks such good fun.

**Anne** said...

Ouch, a black eye from dancing. It looks like you had fun though.
Anne xx

Delia Ryder said...

Looks fun :-) happy new year to you. Dee x