Monday 10 February 2014

52 weeks of Vicki - week 6 - more birthdays

Good morning

Well least I am sticking to writing these posts so far!! The other posts don't quite happen yet but they will eventually - when time allows. Seems weekends have been rather busy.

Today is a very special day here in the VV household - Big Son is 18 years old today. Yep my biggest baby is now an adult!! 

We had a get together yesterday afternoon for him - lots of Grandparents, Aunties, Uncles and Little Cousins - the most people this little house has ever held I think!!


One cake - designed by me and made by a very clever lady who has made so many cakes for us over the years. Of course all 18 year olds need a Toy Story balloon!!

Slightly embarrassed whilst we all sung Happy Birthday to him

Of course all birthday blog posts have to include a few baby photos -
Here's his birthday card - I chose some of my favourite pics and with some technical help they were scanned and turned into a big A4 card via one of those card companies that advertise all over the place.

Whilst all 6 cousins were together, we tried again to get a photo - still impossible to get them all looking at the camera at once!!


Last weekend it was baby nephews christening - as well as getting up early on a Sunday morning for church, my boys made lots of effort and smartened themselves up;


One normal pic - followed by a much more typical one of them;


Right - I'd best be off - have shopping for a steak dinner to do and an appointment at the Opticians for me - I know I need stronger specs and probably need to wear them all the while now.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

8 comments:

greenthumb said...

A very happy birthday to your son.

Tracy said...

Happy 18th birthday to your son vicki, love their poses in the last photo xx

Unknown said...

I love the cake. It is a fab idea and made me think of Andy growing up in Toy Story. They grow too quick. Happy Birthday to him and enjoy your steak xxxx

lavender attic said...

Hi Vicki
My daughter's 18 too and still loves Toy Story, it's their generation's film to remember (Grease was mine!) Thanks for your comment about my crochet, my cushion is coming along nicely. Glad you are well. Love all your milk jugs on your shelf!
Sally x

**Anne** said...

Happy birthday to your big son. Turning 18, WOW, where do those years go.
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Happy 18th birthday, lovely photo's to treasure. They grow so very quickly, dee x

Lisa said...

A very special birthday.
Many happy birthday wishes to your son.
Lisa x

Marjorie said...

Love the pix of your sons. They grow up way too fast. Happy 18th birthday to him. Love the cake decoration.