Friday 29 January 2010

Going Green!

Despite the best efforts of the british weather to turn things white again today, inside we are definately going green!  Its been a long standing joke now that there is infact a shade of green called VickiGreen - somewhere between an olive & an emerald green! As every time we decoratr or I choose something new it often ends up being green or having green in it.

Today is very green - firstly I've ended up wearing a green t-shirt & green cardi - fortunately with a purple dress & blue jeans - oh yes I am colourful!!

I decided to dye the thrifted crochet cushion cover I found yesterday and put it in the machine with a couple of other items including the free CK bag from the 'Make' book - I found the dye when I was sorting out last week - the colour? Green of course.



Lunch today was soup from Waitrose - Thai Green Curry of course!!


Did anyone see the family on the news during the week - so green they only throw away one bag of rubbish a year!! Impressive and green to the extreme!

Here's hoping the weekend ends up being more green than white (I hoped we'd seen the back of that).

See you soon

xxxx Vicki xxxx

^^that is proper Vickigreen ;)^^

11 comments:

bellaboo said...

The snow they forecast for round here this weekend is now not coming...hooray!I remember reading about that family in the Mail...amazing! We have just been provided with a blue bin which takes just about everything apart from compost and kitchen waste,so not so much sorting which is great.
Enjoy your 'green' weekend!

Bellaboo

Andrea said...

Happy Green Day. Hope all is well with you. We are suppose to get 6-9 inches of snow beginning at midnight, tonight.
Blessings, andrea

made with love said...

No more snow....Please. It is very cold though.
One bag of rubbish a year. Blimey, do they not buy anything???
Have a fab weekend and keep warm.
Rachael XX

Dawn said...

Did you play Green Day on your green day?
That cushion cover took the dye well!
(Thanks for getting the hoop for me - not in a hurry for it so will collect it next time I see you.)

driftwood said...

I agree, no more snow here thanks either. xx

have a warm and crafty weekend instead

Jennyff said...

I'm really appreciating green after having snow for over a month, didn't realise how much I'd missed it. Have a great and green weekend.

Jill said...

Hi cushion cover looks great, we did get the sonw though !

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh, green with envy here!! Love Posie

MarmaladeRose said...

Must be something in the air, I've made scrummy spinach soup, but it was very green!

Catherine said...

Check my blog!

MelMel said...

The bag looks wonderful in green, what a fab idea!xx