Monday, 26 July 2010

The wilds of Norfolk

Good evening

Back from our little weekend camping trip in Norfolk with friends - actually we got back yesterday but its been so busy here today that I've only just sat down at my computer.  I see that Dawn has got in first with her account of the weekend - I shall try not to show you the same pictures again ;)

Friday really just saw us setting up, having a drinkie or 2 and just catching up on news. It turned rather chilly in the evening and so we didn't stay up very late.  I was rather glad of my decision to bring both my knitted blanket & patchwork quilt as in the middle of the night I was very chilly indeed.

Saturday dawned bright, sunny & rather warm. After a minor hiccup - steam trains leaving rather earlier than we thought ;), we instead ended up heading to Gressenhall and the Museum of Norfolk life. So much to see and do - I think another visit as a family is on the cards at a later date.

The 5 boys heading off along the river bank - not sure how much of their surroundings they were taking in - at least we'd managed not to lose any of them for this bit!!

Similar picture to on Dawns blog - except its my boys on the horse.

I loved the recreations of the houses - I had seen so many of the lovely things either in my childhood or in other bloggers homes!


I can never resist knitted toys or dolls clothes.

Big son 'milking' a bucket - just after this he got into a water fight with one of the Dads.

Back at the campsite, a game of rounders was played - Dads v Boys - not sure who cheated the most!!

That evening we wandered into the village to a pub for dinner. Every time we've been on one of these massed camps I seem to have taken a picture of the child with the biggest meal - this year it was big son;

Yep - he cleared the plate. I guess another growth spurt is in the offing.

It was a good weekend - great location - very peaceful and unhurried. A campsite I am sure I will be heading back to in the future.

Today has been the first proper home day of the holidays. We have been sorting out the boys rooms - they have been brilliant and have been very honest about the stuff they have and what they actually will use every again. A huge pile has formed for a car boot sale, lots has been recycled and some things have sadly been consigned to the grey landfill bin. Apart from a sort of clothes and some curtains to wash we did it all - brilliant hard working helpers they were - lets hope the rooms stay that great.

We've lots to look forward to this week - friends visiting, cinema trips, seeing family and the boys intend to spend lots of time perfecting their new diabolo skills too.

Aija - your swap parcel has been wrapped tonight and will be on its way to you tomorrow :)

See you soon.

xxx Vicki xxx

15 comments:

Floss said...

At least two of those tents look identical to ours! I'm so glad you all had a good time. Enjoy your holidays!

Toby Tea Cozy said...

Lovely photos as always, that lovely big plate of food has left me hungry! Thanks for sharing my rotary cutter pain, it was a fingertip rather than the bit between my index and my thumb, now that would have put me of forever I think! I'm so squemish!

Sarah said...

What's with blue tents?? I though there would be a couple of green ones at least. Did you remember which one was yours?

The meal sure looked delish. Love the look of those fat chips. What a super weekend away, I'm sure you'll have wonderful memories of it forever.

Josie-Mary said...

Looks like a great weekend & sunny!!! :)

Lisa said...

We spent a while looking at tents on Sunday, some huge bargains at Millets, but as we have neve camped before it's difficult to know what to go for.
I normally spend some of the school hols going through each children's room having a good sort out too. My mum and sister are doing a car boot next week and have offered to take my stuff along too!
Hope you enjoy all you have planned this week.
Lisa x

Florence and Mary said...

It looks like a great trip!

Victoria x

Tabiboo said...

Carry on camping - it looks like you all had a fabulous time...I'll still trying to get Mr T into camping, but alas he is not so keen.

Have a lovely day,

Nina x

Rubyred said...

Oh I do love a good camping trip!Looks like yo all had good fun!
Have a lovely evening!
Rachel x

Country Girl said...

It was a good weekend - I'm not sure who was more tired, me or the children!
Guess you are off to see Toy Story at the cinema!

Linda said...

Please tell where the campsite is - looks ideal :-)

JP said...

so glad you had a great time - and fancy them being so helpful with clearing their rooms - what did you bribe them with?!

Claire@AreWeNearlyThereYet said...

How lovely the boys all walking off ahead, together, nattering along as they go...x

Floss said...

Hello again - could I nab that last photo and do a post about tents, please? I'm quite chuffed that we all have the same type!

童祖如童祖如 said...

人生有些波折,才能有些成長,所以不論順逆,凡是成長、成功的助緣,都應該心存感激。..................................................

mother of purl said...

That looks like super fun! Love the homes!