Thursday 1 December 2011

Faith, Hope and Festive Charity Shopping Swap

Hello again


Well I turned the page on my calendar this morning - we've made it almost to the end of 2011. Its finally December - things start to get exciting and festive :) Now I've had this parcel almost a week but thought I'd share it with you once the proper festive month had begun;

I was paired with Caroline from Whats Happening At My House - a completely new blogger to me and one that I'll be staying in touch with from now on :)

A lovely easy swap brief - 5 pressies - one to be a decoration, something thrifted from a boot-sale or charity shop, chocolate and 2 others things you think your victim would like - easy peasy lemon squeezy. We exchanged emails of likes/dislikes and stalked each others blogs for clues.

Here are the results - firstly the parcel I received;

Inside;

A christmas mag full of lovely ideas, some knitted tree decs, some candles with little star shaped holders, a festive mug and some chocolate coins.

 These are so cute - can't wait to put them on my tree when I'm finally allowed to put it up.

This mug is just perfect for hot chocolate & the works - its been in use already :)

Now when Caroline told me her colours were ice-blue, silver and white, I decided to theme everything around those;


Chocolate coins, blue & silver reindeer decs, a button heart, fab blue nail polish and a handmade felt stocking. She's even the first person to get one of my homemade christmas cards. There was also a little something for her little man but I forgot to take a pic of that.

Thanks Caroline for being a great swap partner and to Lakota for organising everything.

Phew I think I'm finally up-to-date with my blog posts.

I'll leave you with my sampler of November;


xxx Vicki xxx




17 comments:

Elderberry-Rob said...

I didn't see this swap, it was a good one - and it's a lovely way to find new blogs. Betty

Lalabibaby @ Dreaming of The Simple Life said...

Great swap VV and love how your polkadotty socks match your table cover x

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa said...

What a lovely little swap, you both got some gorgeous things.

xoxo.

Stocki said...

I missed this swap...but you go some lovely pressies lucky girl! :)x

**Anne** said...

What a gorgeous swap to participate in Vicki. Both sets of gifts are gorgeous, enjoy yours.
Anne xx

Unknown said...

lOVELY SWAP!!
Great photo's
X Manda X

MelMel said...

Fab swap! Lovely things!x

Floss said...

That was a great swap - and so nice to meet a new blogger. I'll pop over to see her now. Happy December!

Kelly said...

What a lovely swap package! I love the knitted decorations!

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Great swap on both sides - although I think you both imagined the chocolate stipulation (accidentally on purpose? ;-))

Cute decorations from you both, glad you enjoyed and were happy with your partner x

Penny said...

Gorgeous swapping Vicki, I am also taking part in this swap but will only be sending my parcels off next week. Sooo exciting! Enjoy your pressies xox

Unknown said...

What lovely parcels and those knitted dec's are so sweet. How do you group your photo's like that? they look fab ;-)) Have a lovely weekend, dee x

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

'....and two other things you think your victim would like..'

This cracked me up :o)

Lovely swaps for lucky ladies.
have a great weekend Vicki, and take care my lovely.
Donna xx

Lisa said...

I enjoy reading yours and Caroline's blogs, I think you both did really well with your items.
Enjoy the mag and drinking hot choc from your new mug.
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous swap goodies. Love your November sampler. I've started putting up my decs and hopefully the tree will go up today ... :0) xxx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous swap goodies - I really like the knitted decorations.

Unknown said...

What fun for the holiday season. Have a lovely Pause in Advent. :)