Wednesday 17 October 2012

Autumn Views - Week 4

Good morning

What a typically Autumn morning it is outside today - very blustery with leaves blowing all over the place! It was pouring with rain when we woke up but luckily that has cleared before the boys needed to leave for school - nothing worse than spending the day in soggy clothing - especially as LittleSon has part 2 of a GCSE English assessment today.

I thought I'd better get my Week 4 Autumn View pictures posted before Week 5 arrives!!

 The berries on the climber are almost gone - now bird attention seems to be turning to the Ivy berries.

 The golden colour is spreading further up the silver birch tree now - and more leaves are on the lawn - its a never ending task.

 As you can see the middle tree is now almost entirely a gorgeous autumnal orange - must find out what sort this is.

 Less leaves here too and those that remain have almost all changed colour. Even the cherry tree is now starting to turn too.

As its week 4, I thought I'd put the pictures into a mosaic so I see the changes more closely;




My favourite view is the last one - I've managed to take all the pictures at exactly the same angle so the changes can be more clearly seen.

Right off to start my Wednesday properly - teenagers despatched to school and MrVV to work. Off to tackle the pile of washing up - Day 5 without a dishwasher :( -  a very first world problem I know!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

10 comments:

Deborah said...

Great photos, your garden is lovely :) have a happy wet day sweetie

Bee happy x

Ps have you entered my giveaway?

thriftwood said...

Lovely pictures Vicki ... love the little summerhouse, can we see inside?

Couldn't manage without a dishwasher, really feel for you ... ours even has a name ... 'Precious' xxx

Sheila said...

So pretty, i love autumn.
Thank you for sharing. Its so beautiful.
x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Love how you lined the pictures up, good idea! Ada :)

**Anne** said...

It's lovely to see the changes happening in your garden. Thanks for sharing.
Anne xx

Josie-Mary said...

Lovely to see the changes :) x

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.
You have such a beautiful garden. Is that a summer house I spy? I had a summer house until my husband started using it as an office.

Lizzy said...

Hands that do dishes..............
I love the way you have taken the same view each week - wish I had done the same. Maybe next year.

decorayadora said...

great photo .Lovely
Angelica

thriftwood said...

Hi Vicki, me again! The poppies arrived at the weekend and they are lovely, thank you!

Claire xx