Saturday 12 December 2009

Shopping Saturday - Vintage Fair, CS & High Street :)

Good afternoon

Have had a lovely day at with my friend Country Girl. We've been to Woodbridge which is a lovely little market town here in Suffolk.  We headed initially to the Festive Vintage Fair on the hill.  As ever this was very popular with a wonderful selection of stalls selling vintage and handmade items.

We spent a long time looking round whilst sipping big cups of hot chocolate topped with cream and marshmallows - well chocolate comes from a bean so must be part of your 5 a day????

I treated myself to a pretty crochet brooch from Peonie - if you look down the r/h side of her blog you can see the wonderful items she makes.


As you can see it looks rather good on the dress that just jumped into my arms in Peacocks! Along with this t-shirt that is perfect for a party we're having with the kidlets at work this week;



We then headed into the high street and went into so many lovely little independent stores and charity shops.

I have plans once the hols have started for a baking session and need some more cutters - I got a great selection in the kitchen shop - a couple of trees, a star and an angel. Also inspired by Kirsty, I bought some red edible glitter!  Whilst having one final look around there, my eyes were drawn to a festive Cath mug in a tin - another item that just threw itself at me!!



We had a good look around the charity shops and one in particular came up trumps - 4 more Ladybird books for my collection @ only 40p each and a pretty button bracelet (which I've forgotten to photograph) for only £1;


Whilst us girls were having a shopping morning, our smallest children were once again playing with their school band. My VV was tasked with taking some photos - here's one of little son with just a glimpse of young country boy in the right hand corner!





5 comments:

Andrea said...

Hope you are having an awesome weekend. Love the old books.
Blessings, andrea

bellaboo said...

I've had my eye on that CK Xmas mug in a tin for a while.Oh well...just have to wait and see what Santa brings!
Never heard that one about choc...but good excuse!!

Bellaboo

Pomona said...

I think chocolate counts as medicinal. That is what I always claim, anyway!

Pomona x

LissyLou said...

i'm loving that ck mug too x

Shaheen said...

I love thrift and charity shops, still likely to find original and unusual things. I love your blog header too.