Surviving half term so far. TBH apart from eating us out of house & home the boys are fairly easy to have around the place. Mrs Thirfty, I would love to offer you a piece of cake but its all gone. I think they've also made a dent in the pile of apple muffins I made earlier too!
We had visitors here yesterday, friends & their boys. Lovely day, good company and lots of catching up to do. We had hoped to go for a walk but the weather put paid to that. Too many heavy showers for our liking. It seemed to be like that lots this weekend - sunshine, showers & lots of rainbows - just didn't manage to capture one on camera.
Instead here's a lovely rainbow that arrived in the post on Saturday. I won a giveaway over at The Felt Fairy - a gift voucher to spend in her gorgeous ebay shop. So spoilt for choice - so many gorgeous colours of felt to choose from. In the end I settled on a colour that I'm finding hard to get this year - the perfect shade for gingerbread men. 6 large pieces of that and a wonderful selection of embroidery floss made up my parcel - very pretty. Thank you Annie :)
Pink Milk here's my answers to her 7 questions;
1. Have you ever been in the newspaper? If so, why? Yes - when one of my little sisters was born, she was the first baby born in a new maternity unit so a family pic was taken & put in the local paper. I got most upset when one of the boys in my class painted over my face when a copy of the paper ended up on the painting table at school (I was about 6 at the time!!)
2. If you were given £1000 which you had to spend which would be the first shop/s you'd head to? Apple - for a Ipad for MrVV and then probably CK for pretty things and lastly TopMan so the boys could have a good spend.
3. Is there a skill you wish you had? Crochet - I keep trying and am slowly getting somewhere but I want to be able to make a blanket - one day.
4. What was your favourite sweet as a child? Toffos and Texan bars.
5. What is your favourite time of the year? Spring - the days length & slowly get warmer and also my birthday is then.
6. If you were marooned on a desert island with a celebrity, who would you like it to be? David Tennant - hopefully with his Tardis.
7. When did you last cry? Quite a while ago - July on what would have been my grandads 89th birthday.
Next part - 7 new questions;
1. If there was one item you could have regardless of cost in your stocking this Christmas - what would it be?
2. Who are your current favourite band or singer?
3. Which band/singer is your 'guilty pleasure'?
4. What is your favourite tipple?
5. Your house is burning down - apart from pets & family - what 3 things would you try & save?
6. If space travel became affordable - would you try it?
7. What one thing would you like to do / try before you die?
and finally - the 7 lucky 'victims' chosen at random are;
Claire @ Are We Nearly There Yet?
Tracey @ Deben Days
Florrie @ Florrie's Crafting Adventures
Alijane @ Gingercat
Serenata @ The Balancing Kiwi
Beki @ The Ramblings of an Everyday Mummy
Karen @ Tilly Rose
Phew that took a while to do - not if its my computer or blogger that's slow tonight.
Off to message all my victims!!
xxx Vicki xxx