Monday 4 March 2013

A bit of spring in my step.

Good evening

Well spring finally seems to have sprung a bit here today - its been lovely. Mostly sunny and warmer than I can remember for quite some time :) Washing has been hung out to dry and windows have been flung open. I spent most of today spring cleaning the conservatory - I'd given it a quick tidy before the estate agent took pictures but it needed its spring clean to cope with closer scrutiny.

Once I'd finished this afternoon it was time for a well earned cuppa in the garden;

Just five minutes of sunshine and a mug of peppermint tea (my new favourite).

Once the tea was drunk it was time for a few photos to be taken - even managed one towards this months Scavenger hunt as well!

 Just look at that sky - and the cherry blossom buds - can wait for these to flower - it looks so gorgeous.

Hunting for other signs of spring I spotted a few catkins high on the branches - thank goodness for a good zoom on my camera!

Lastly something I bought last week which I've been meaning to snap. I needed a new picture for my bedroom to replace one that I've taken down - I spotted this in our shop the other week and luckily it was still there when I had some spare money;

Its a proper oil painting not a print - the note of the back says it was painted as a present in 1977. I love it and its not something I plan to part with - yellow roses grow in the front garden here and they are something I will miss when I move.

Right thats enough for tonight - I've a few more pictures but I'll save them for a post another night. Trying hard to get back into proper blogging and not just the Scavenger Hunt and Happy posts - if this sunshine continues I can't see it being a problem!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

15 comments:

**Anne** said...

It must be lovely seeing those touches of Spring after winter.
How nice to find such a lovely painting for your bedroom.
I'm sad to hear you will have to move. That must be very difficult for you and your family.
Take care,
Anne xx

greenthumb said...

Sounds like its warming up in your part of the world, that's what I need to do make more time to take a tea break, feels like on the go from the time my eyes open.

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Tea in the garden, perfect! :) x

Jelly Jam said...

Lovely blue sky - at last! tea in the garden, not done that yet this year. Hopefully soon.
Ellie
x

Ladybird Diaries said...

So nice to enjoy a cup of tea in the garden. I love your new painting, it's just beautiful - what a find!
M xxx

Josie-Mary said...

It was a beautiful day in Devon yesterday too, it's nearly spring time! x

thriftwood said...

Good luck with your house sale Vicki, very good time of year for selling, I always think everything looks at its best ... spring cleaned and fresh!

Love Claire xx

Floss said...

Ah, we were there with you, as it were, in the sunshine on Sunday... isn't it lovely? But now, we have the dreaded Vent d'Autan, at gale-force levels, and we're all hiding inside again! Very best of luck with the house sale - do you have plans for your new home yet, or are you just waiting for movement on the sale first?

Unknown said...

That painting is lovely :)

thelittlejennywren.blogspot.co.uk

Maria Glazacheva said...

Jolie peinture et j`aime bien la premier fotos aussi fin j`aime tous les fotos!!

♥ ♥ ♥
Bonne semaine !!
♥ ♥ ♥

xxx Maria xxx

Vix said...

Hasn't it been glorious today? The forecast's appalling for the rest of the week and I wish I'd found the time to line dry the washing! xxx

Lakota [Faith Hope and Charity Shopping] said...

Yellow roses are my favourite - they always smell the best!

Unknown said...

I have enjoyed my visit and you even made some tea, thank you. EE xx

Country Rabbit said...

lovely Spring-like post...im sure your new home will be all lovely as you have made this one...xx

Unknown said...

Im very behind in my bog reading but your moving? well good luck i hope your house sells quickly and you are able to find a new house to call home soon. dee x