Wednesday 13 March 2013

Making stuff whilst the snow falls!

Good morning

Oh joy another morning when the world looks likes its been covered in icing sugar - last weeks spring warmth seems a distant memory. The thought of wearing sandals soon has been pushed to the back of my mind and I am firmly staying in my long stripey socks and boots for a while longer.

This is the view that greeted me yesterday morning when I peaked out the front door;

My spring flowers were hiding under a blanket of snow - by the time I got home from work last night they were uncovered but this morning they are hiding again. Hoping they are tough enough to survive all this.

I ought to show you a couple of makes from the past week - when its cold outside nothing is better than being indoors making things.

Firstly a little extra something for my Mum for Mothers Day;


Now I've found the stash of hoops I picked up in the CS, I feel another make or two coming on soon.

Secondly, sometime last year I was given a t-shirt by a sister and asked if I could turn it into a cushion. The t-shirt had shrunk in the wash but she loved the print and wanted to save it some how.

Oh the fab four - such a big part of my early childhood music listening experience.

 Take one shrunken t-shirt - cut off the sleeves and neck.

 Put wrong sides together and sew round three sides.

Turn right way, insert cushion pad and sew up hem - easy peasy lemon squeezy.

One t-shirt re-purposed and one happy sister.

Right I suppose I ought to get some jobs done around the house before I have to head off to work again.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully we havent had any snow yet but it so cold. I with you i hope we have the warmer weather soon. great crafting :-) dee x

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
**Anne** said...

How disappointing to have a taste of Spring only to have it disappear again. Anne xx

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Your little Mothers Day hoop is great! Sunny here today! :) x

Ladybird Diaries said...

Love the little hoop you made for your mum, very pretty.
M xxx

tales from a handmade home said...

That's such a lovely mothers day gift, and very clever re-use of a favourite shirt.

minibreakfast said...

Thank you so much for the t-shirt cushion, I love it! Perhaps this could be a new craft trend!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Two great snowy day projects indeed. We have also been see the snow...see it gone.....see the snow, for a week or so now. Just travelling back from bonny Scotland on the train and a sister who prayed for about 8 inches to keep me there. Thankfully hubby obviously wished for the opposite so I could come home! Love the heart and the cushion. Snow time spent very well I feel.

dottycookie said...

I remember repurposing an old Smiths T shirt by sewing it onto the back of a denim jacket. I wore it all the time till I lost it in an airport!

Vix said...

I'm so fed up with this snow!
That same Beatles tee shirt was haunting me at the last jumble sale, following me around the table wherever I went. Great idea for turning it into a cushion. x

katysclutter said...

No snow here it skipped us!! Nice heart for your mum :)

Lizzy said...

The hoop is pretty!
Snow here too and very frosty yesterday! Surely that is it now and it can start to warm up? Had enough of winter.