Thursday 6 September 2012

Changing of the seasons

Good evening

Its that time of year again - the switch from Summer to Autumn - almost as soon the month started I noticed the dewy mornings and an invasion of eight-legged creatures in the house. Currently battling against the cobwebs - seems hit squad of spiders works faster than me!!

 This one has set up home in the garden - on one of the conservatory windows - just leaving him/her alone after all outside is where I'd prefer them to be!! The web is growing daily and there are little 'food' bundles in there which seem to disappear quickly!

These berries were on the honeysuckle that grows over the summerhouse - the birds have been happily feeding on them.

I was so pleased the other day when I found the perfect dandelion clock - just more proof of the 'wildness' that's taking over the garden!!

I spend ages the other day trying to get photos of the butterflies on one of our buddleia plants - they are so camera shy - eventually I managed this pic of a Red Admiral.

I mentioned that my crafting mojo has returned - am sure the cooler evenings make me want to find a hook & yarn and also some sewing.  Firstly a couple of felt christmas decorations towards next months fair;


and then - the first of a least 49 squares towards one of the blankets I'm making;


I am so glad I learnt to crochet - its been in my bag during both hospital trips this week - ideal for waiting around! Just wish I could have taken it into the MRI scanner - not the best experience - not keen on enclosed spaces especially as my head was clamped still! The ENT doctor thinks that it was a nasty attack of Labarintitis - I've a follow up appointment next spring just to check the progress, retesting my hearing and to let them know if I've had any further attacks.

Happily things seem to have settled down - a few giddy moments but nothing serious and they've soon passed. Back out & about and working in the charity shop again. We've been changing over the stock to Autumn things and despite the gorgeous sunshine we've been selling loads too :)

Right back to my Paralympic watching - I am in awe of these athletes and their abilities.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx



15 comments:

Floss said...

Oh, it will be great if it's an infection that will just go away! I do hope it's on its way out for you now...

Our latest spider story: I was busy this evening so refused to help Son 1 evict a spider from his bedroom. Next thing I know, a loud rustle and cry of: 'M..merde!' and the spider has apparantly launched itself off the ceiling and into his bedding... we never found it.

Magic Bean said...

I have a friend who had labarinthitis- it is very nasty -poor you. Don't go overdoing things missus.
Have a sunny weekend, Ax

LaaLaa said...

Oh, you poor thing. I've never had labyrinthitis but I have had dizziness and it's not pleasant. Look after yourself. Beautiful photos tree. I wish I had half your talent with a camera. Xx

Josie-Mary said...

I've never heard of Labarintitis! Hope you get back to normal soon :)
Every morning I have to fight my way through the cobwebs on my garden path.... I feel guilty breaking them :( x

Thrift Bee said...

I wish you a speedy recovery. I was horrified when i had to have an MRI. I thought the damn machine was broken and was going to explode around me. I wasn't prepared for how loud and clunky it would be.

I hope you don't mind but i pinned your felt decorations - how cute.

I love the feeling of Autumn approaching.

Unknown said...

So glad to hear its just an infection hopefully that will just work its way far away ;-)) Loving your photo's the butterfly and spider and the dandelion are so clear there brilliant. Love your xmas decorations goodness its not that far away really when you think about it. Enjoy your crochet, dee x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

The athletes are doing AMAZING, what a great year we are having! I can't believe the size of the spiders running around our living room every evening! I keep scooping them up and putting them outside but they are soon back in! Ada :)

andamento said...

I've had vertigo through having labyrinthitis. The first time I didn't know what it was and thought that was it, I was a goner - couldn't walk, had to crawl along next to the wall.
The next time I had it at least I knew what it was, affected me differently though - less intense but longer lasting and I was "seasick" often.
Quite scary when you don't know what it is. I've not had it for a couple of years now, some poor people get attacks all the time, I hope you'll not be one of those. Good luck!

Pomona said...

A beautiful butterfly picture - and a wonderfully cosy blanket in the making by the look of it. Glad you are feeling better now.

Pomona x

Miss Magpie said...

My mother was also struck with labarinthitis 2 weeks ago, her doctor said it was the 4th case she had seen that week which was very unusual but she thought it was most likely a virus going round causing it.

Anonymous said...

Hi vicki, so glAd you are on the mend, thank goodness for crochet when having to wait around. Love your red admiral I've not seen any of those this year :( definitely less . We ve had. Two huge spiders in the house a sign of cooler days... Hope you have a lovely weekend xxxxx

topchelseagirl said...

Glad you're on the mend. I've noticed lots of cobwebs this week too.

Jacquie said...

Hi Vicki, glad you are feeling better. Must have missed a couple of posts and didn't know you had been suffering.
Love your latest crochet
jacquie x

fee @ chipper nelly said...

it's funny how you can literally FEEL Autumn in the air the week that the kids go back - no matter what the weather. I like the changing of the seasons too. Glad your making mojo is back - wonder if I'll find mine soon!!
fee x

My Handmadehappiness said...

Hey Vicki.. So sorry to hear your not feeling well. Glad you've got the crochet for waiting times! Defo a great passtime. Your photography is great. Love the wishy!! x