Monday 3 September 2012

Sunday at Somerleyton Hall

Good evening

Thanks for your kind words on my last post - am feeling much better - still giddy at times but the tablets are working. Hopefully after an ENT visit tomorrow then an MRI scan on Wednesday I should know more - even if the 50 mile round trips to hospital wear me out. Even if I could drive (which I can't) I'd not be allowed to at the moment - am braving the buses for part of each trip!!!

Anyhow - Sunday - a brass engagement at Somerleyton Hall nr Lowestoft. Fairly close to home but somewhere I've never visited - we've visited other parts of the site including Fritton Lake but never the Hall itself. What a fab location - the Hall a Tudor-Jacobean mansion is stunning - I wish I'd gone on the tour around it. The gardens were amazing - am sure that during June/July they'd be even more lovely with everything in full bloom.

What a garden - what neat lawns - I wonder if the Gardeners want to come and sort our garden out - lets just say the VV garden is very wildlife friendly at the moment!!

I didn't take many pictures because my camera batteries ran out :(


 This building was an aviary - so pretty and full of colourful budgies who wouldn't stay still for photos!!




Despite the grey skies it was warm - great for a wander around followed by listening to the band;


Hopefully the Hall will have us back next summer - there's a maze I fancy a wander around and of course the inside of the Hall to see.

How are your back-to-school preparations going? We're just about sorted - Little Son packed his bag earlier - he's back on Wednesday. Big Son has a little longer - 6th Form registration tomorrow with a start next Monday.

One final thing - my crafting mojo has returned - rather handy as I've Craft Fair table booked for next month with a sister and 2 blankets that need making for next year!! One is a large one for a special persons 'big' birthday and the other for a new niece/nephew who is due to arrive just before my birthday :)

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx


12 comments:

Angela said...

Thanks for this - I keep wondering about visiting Somerleyton when I am on holiday in Norfolk- and this has made me DEFINITELY want to go!

topchelseagirl said...

I've been and keep meaning to visit again. It is lovely.

Lisa said...

Looks like a very grand house, would like a nosy round there for sure.
Hope the bus journeys aren't too tiresome.
Good luck for Little Son on Wed.
We had one back today and another back tomorrow.
Lisa x

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Looks very grand!
Hope everything goes well at the hospital, Ada :)

Shortbread and Ginger said...

It looks like a wonderful place to visit. Good luck with tests.
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Thedarkerside73 said...

It looks like a great place to visit the gardens look very green and lush.

Sorry to hear you have been unwell. Hope you feel better soon and all that travelling isnt too tiring for you.

Ahh my girls have gone back to school today. I have to admit I am feeling rather lost at the mo!
Good luck to your boys in the coming days.


P x

Josie-Mary said...

wow... what a beautiful house! x

**Anne** said...

The photos of the buildings and garden are beautiful and it certainly seems you had a lovely time. Glad you feeling somewhat better and getting your craft moho back, what a bonus!
Anne xx

fee @ chipper nelly said...

hey - just having a little end of summer blog catch up! sorry you've been feeling less than chipper - and glad they found nothing seriously wrong with your brain...fee x

Vix said...

What a fabulous place, certainly puts my garden to shame!
Good luck with the MRI, one of my friends had very similar symptoms to you last year, it turned out to be some weird virus but once she started the tablets she soon picked up. xxx

Unknown said...

Sorry i missed your last post. And sorry to hear about the dizzy spells have you ever heard of Meniere's disease i was diagonised with this a few years ago now i used to get very bad dizzy spells where i used to feel like i was drunk i would be sick with mine and then laid up for a few days. Its worth having a little read up. I have been taking tablets for years and haven't had an attack for years. Good luck and i hope they are able to help you and you get some relief soon. dee xx

Floss said...

It looks wonderful - I'm glad you've been able to get out and about a bit. Thanks for your comment - I have to admit that our boys don't spend time deliberating over clothes at all. Two questions are asked: will I get too hot if I am still wearing this in the afternoon? Will anyone tease me about the slogan on my T-shirt? I'd love them to add a third question: Did I drop food on this yesterday?