Monday 8 April 2013

13 of 52 weeks of happy

Good afternoon

Like I said in my last post - this week has had plenty of happy moments - two of the bests one deserved their own posts - the arrival of my newest nephew and my dancing debut. However there have been other moments too and here they are;

1 - A new frock - bought with birthday vouchers from Joules. It was love at first sight and even better I've been shrinking this year and its a size smaller too - 2 happy moments in 1!

2 - Mini daffs finally flowering - these poor things have spent lots of time under snowy blankets and it was lovely to see them finally flower on a sunny day.

3 - Another bonus of the sunny and windy weather - washing drying outside - it means my kitchen looks less like a laundry.

4 - Trying on all my Morris gear together for the first time (10 minutes before we were due to leave on Sat!!) - a skirt made by me (with help from a lovely friend), a 50's net underskirt which I adore, a tailcoat on a long-term loan from a sister and a brilliant lacy mask - oh and of course new boots and a stick!

See you soon - a happy moment due anytime now - a cuppa and catch up with my oldest friend :)

xxx Vicki xxx
 
PS - Oh yes I will be dancing at Folk East this summer - can't wait :)

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Super dress.....you looked good on Saturday. Hope to see you Wednesday at S & B....Viv xx

Mac n' Janet said...

Love the dress, the colors and the style!

Maria Glazacheva said...

Jolie la robe!!

Bonne semaine!!

xxx Maria xxx

lemonade kitty said...

Dress is gorgeous, and the Morris dancing sounds like so much fun, Lucey x

Anonymous said...

Hi Vicki, Love the pictures...I feel very spring-y now! ♥♥♥

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

I love your dress, always great when it's a smaller size! :) x

sweetpea family said...

Lovely happy post good luck with your dancing x

**Anne** said...

That dress is absolutely gorgeous!
Anne xx

greenthumb said...

Your new dress looks very summery, lovely moments.

thriftwood said...

Beautiful dress Vicki, seems like we have the same taste! Well done on smaller size too ... go girl!

Love Claire xx

Jo said...

Oh, I LOVE the dress! Wish I was shrinking too (sigh!). I don't often comment, but I do always enjoy your blog, Jo x

topchelseagirl said...

Gorgeous dress and I love your Morris outfit too!