Tuesday, 2 April 2013

12 of 52 weeks of happy

Good morning

Well its been another week where I think that perhaps my life is being used as a test place for a dodgy soap opera script - there have been lows and a few highs too.

There are a couple of highs that are actually wonderful but I can't share them with you all properly yet - one will have to wait a few more months until its signed and sealed and the other a few days until I've had my first cuddle! All I can say is I am an Auntie again and I've seen a photo and he's gorgeous :)

The weekend started well - the weather had perked up and we'd spent time as a family looking at new homes for the boys and I. OMG have some people never watched a How to sell your home programme on tv! Utterly shocking that they think they'd ever sell their house when it was filthy, smelly and just disgusting. I can see beyond a general layer of grott but I can also spot easily a house which needs totally gutting as the fixtures are all broken/beyond repair and needs more TLC than I can ever hope to manage! Luckily one house appears to tick all the boxes so lots of finger crossing will be happening for a while.

Saturday I went out with Dawn to Woodbridge - a mix of shopping and browsing in the town and at the Vintage Market. We had our lunch in the churchyard initially in a sunbeam but just as we'd finished it started snowing again!

Sunday - here's the happy moments I managed to capture;

Me & my boys all scrubbed up and off to my parents for lunch.

Lindt bunnies wondering how long they had to live - not long!!

Sunday evening I'd settled down to watch The Village on tv. My tummy was aching and it seemed my gallbladder was grumbling - not sure why as I'd been careful with what I'd eaten.

I went to bed armed with painkillers and a wheat bag. However by 11.30 I was in total agony and on the phone to NHS direct :( By 12.30 I was in A&E waiting to be seen having got hold of P and him coming over to do a mercy dash the 25 miles to hospital.

He left me at about 3am once it was decided I was going to be admitted and came back to my house so he could speak to the boys in the morning (big son knew I'd gone as he'd been awake when I was calling for help).

To cut a long story short - I spent 18 hours in hospital - 12 of them Nil by mouth and with much prodding, pricking, poking, drugging and general uncomfort. In the end I was finally allowed home at 7pm last night.

I slept like a log last night - managing nearly 10 hours sleep in 2 long bursts - morphine hangovers are wonderful!!

Anyhow - that's the low in my sometimes happy week. I will try harder this week to capture moments with my camera. I must also finish the Photo Scavenger Hunt - just 2 more to do - I know what I am taking its just doing it. I also hope to be able to have my first cuddle with an extremely happy moment.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx


greenthumb said...

I had to have my gallbladder out a couple of years ago so I know your pain. Glad you had some good moments last week, can't wait to see your photos of the scavenger hunt.

Vintage Jane said...

Sorry to hear you've not been well. I hope you're on the mend now and good luck with the house hunting.
M x

Irene said...

Sorry to hear about your tale of woe, I hope you are feeling much better by now. I am afraid my Lindt bunny did not last so long L0L.
Good luck on the house front.

Kandi said...

Oh my word, what a weekend! I hope you get that gallbladder sorted asap, mu Mam had problems with hers and she told me the pain was like nothing she'd ever experienced, you poor lamb. Good luck with the new home too it must be a right mix of emotions, keep your chin up xxx

**Anne** said...

Gallbladder pain, urgh, been there and had the horrible thing out about 8 years ago. I hope you get yours sorted soon.
Glad you had some happy moments in your week.
Anne xx

Vix said...

You poor thing, hope you feel loads better now and cannot wait to hear about the good things you've got to share! x

topchelseagirl said...

Mega ouch - hope it has subsided now.

dottycookie said...

Oh the gallbladder sounds awful - hope you're better now and it is sorted out so you don't have to go through that again.

And as for house hunting - I am reminded of the time I visited a one where a man was living alone - with overflowing ashtrays by the bed and a washing machine in the garage next to the motorbike in oily pieces. He cheerfully told me that the brown carpet was great because you could spill anything on it and it wouldn't show. I have never made excuses to leave more rapidly in my life!

lavender attic said...

Bless you, GB pain is truly awful, I had it 10 years ago, ended up in hospital. Lost a stone in a week!
Sending all good thoughts and wishes that you'll find a happy new home for you and the boys.
Take care x

Beckah said...

I totally sympathise with you on the Gallbladder pain, I suffered with it 10 years ago and tried to flush it out following advice from an alternative healer which lead to other problems, I lost over two and a half stone in two months!
It is the most horrible pain, I really hope you get it sorted out very soon. I hope you find solice in the house hunting task, it can be such fun and is an exciting new chapter to your life X

Lisa said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your hospital stay and the amount of pain and discomfort sounds alarming.
I hope you are ok and enjoying some time with your boys.
Lisa x