Sunday 7 April 2013

A fab night out with Morris :)

Good morning

How are we all? The sun is shining here and I am still buzzing from an amazing night out.

Last night was my first dance out with my Morris side and we'd been invited to dance whilst guests were arriving for a gig by a local group. I'd seen the gig mentioned ages ago and wanted to go but thought it was unlikely. Even when I first started dancing 3 weeks ago we'd not been asked along. I'd been told my first dance out wasn't till the end of April - however once the invite had been accepted it seemed that after 3 practises I was going to dance out in front of people! 

Lets just say I was jolly nervous yesterday but determined it would be ok.

Now whilst I can multi-task usually, one thing I've yet to master is to take pics of myself AND dance at the same time so all these pics were taken by my friend Viv and she's kindly said I can use them :)







As you can see - I managed to dance AND smile and I didn't go wrong. Was brilliant and I can't wait to do it again.

I loved the gig too - the band Bounty Hounds are really brilliant - they play the sort of music I love and even better its great for dancing too. Now bear in mind my last dancing experience - well this one was different. I danced loads and just had a great time. My knees are a tad achy this morning but the rest of me survived.

 Actually taken by me from my initial viewing spot between the stage and the bar!!

Right time to go off out into the sunshine.

Have a good day all - see you soon with a happy post - this week I've so many photos its been hard to find just 4 to share!!

xxx Vicki xxx

16 comments:

**Anne** said...

It sure looks like you had a wonderful time.
Anne xx

Lisa said...

Fantastic!
Here's to a great summer full of Morris dancing and happy times.
Lisa x

Kashi said...

I love it! Great to see you having so much fun. XOXO

Serenata said...

So glad you are getting out and about and enjoying yourself, certainly looks like you had fun!

Vix said...

Is that why we've had some sunshine this weekend? You look so happy, glad it went well! x

katysclutter said...

Well done you! Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

LaaLaa said...

Looks like you had great fun.

Kandi said...

I'm glad you just went for it looks like lots of fun! xx

harmony and rosie said...

What a hoot, a good way of keeping fit too I expect. I bet you won't be doing that kind of dancing on the tables!!!

Celia Hart said...

Maybe you'll be dancing at Folk East in August?

greenthumb said...

Sounds like a fad night out, glad you had a good time.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzy said...

I love your outfit! I had imagined it would be more bells, flowers and white trousers!! but this is quite different. Are there different sorts of Morris Dancers? I prefer your type!
Looks like you had a great time

topchelseagirl said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time.

Unknown said...

I'm loving it ... welcome to the Morris World!!! xxx

Unknown said...

I'm loving it ... welcome to the Morris World!!! xxx