Friday 26 February 2010

Flowery Friday

Seems today has been renamed on so many blogs, so I thought I'd join in ;)

I'd not want to be a flower outside today - its been so blustery here in Suffolk after a night of torrential rain. When I cycled into town it was as much as I could do to stay upright - even worse on the way home with a full basket - the wind kept trying to blow me over :(

Anyhow - flowers :)

Flowery plate from the CS - been tempted all week to get this - finally gave in today ;)

Paper whites & tete-a-tete - a heavenly scent

The first crocuses have braved the weather

A lonely snowdrop & its bud friend

Ok so not flowers but these little butterfly cups made me think of sunny days with butterflies all over the buddleia.

Need to wrap up warm tonight - off to see little son in a concert @ the church.  Expecting him home in a little while for a quick 1/2 hour turn round - shower, change & grab a packed tea before he's off to rehersals.

Planning a quiet weekend here for the boys & I as MrVV is busy with his brass band all weekend.  Hoping to get some sewing finished - some I can show you next week and some which has to remain a secret ;)

xxx Vicki xxx

12 comments:

Jill said...

Please is lovely, and the little crocus ah so brave :-)

Hugs RosieP x

Sal said...

I love the flowery plate! Gorgeous!
Have a great weekend! ;-)

Kelly said...

Any type of flower is a winner!
Enjoy the concert tonight!

bellaboo said...

I'm loving that plate! Lovely flowery post.Enjoy the concert and the weekend!

Bellaboo :o)

Andrea said...

Blessings,
andrea

Jen Walshaw said...

I think the plate is really lovley. What a nice find

maryannlucy said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend - hope tonight went ok. Have a good weekend :-)

Floss said...

Hey, I only have ONE crocus! You are beating the south of France...

topchelseagirl said...

That plate is absolutely gorgeous. What a lucky find.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Enjoy your weekend, although when you plan a quiet one, does it ever happen?? Love Posie

made with love said...

I just love flowers.
Have a fun weekend,
Rachael xx

andamento said...

Love the jug and daffodils.