Friday 19 February 2010

She's finished :)

Oh yes Raggy Dolly is finished and I've fallen in love with her :)  I think I shall have to make one for me now as otherwise my niece won't be getting hers!;

her rear view;)


When the postie came today there was a very interesting thump as the post hit the mat.  When I went to investige I was excited to see an Airmail label on one of the envelopes AND it was addressed to me.  It was my magazine from Megan as part of the magazine swap organised by Floss.  Thankyou Megan - it looks great & you're right some brilliant receipes in there :)


Now this afternoon I'd love to be upstairs sewing however my space has been taken over. Small son has decided to make himself something using my vast collection of felt - all I've had to buy has been some eyes! What is he making? Hopefully I'll be able to show you over the weekend ;)

Till next time

xxxx Vicki xxxx

17 comments:

bellaboo said...

Love her ribbon hair! I can see why you would find it hard to part with her.Ooh,I wonder what will be made with the felt...eyes indicate an animal of some sort,look foward to seeing.Have a lovely weekend!

Bellaboo :0)

Andrea said...

She is adorable!
Hugs, andrea

Anonymous said...

I love her.....I can see why you don't want to part from her. Did you use a pattern?

Catherine said...

Oh she's lovely! I'm sure ur niece would be happy with something else?!! LOL!! Cx

Jen Walshaw said...

She looks great, how hard was she then. Will I be able to manage her as a novice sewer

VintageVicki said...

Vivwild - she's from the last issue of Sewhip magazine.

MadMum - fairly easy - I found the pattern cutting the fiddly bit as I rarely use patterns for anything!

Anonymous said...

She is sooo sweet and cute, love her! xxx

MelMel said...

oohhh...she is so cute!
You talented lady!
She looks a real personality!xxx

Serenata said...

She is very cute, well done, I've still got to attempt to make a rag doll. Have wanted to for a very long time, but just haven't plucked up the courage yet!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Ribbon hair, brilliant!! Love Posie

Megan said...

i received my mag this week as well, thank you so much! it has made me want some much cooler weather and a visit to england to check out the amazing piers.

raggy doll is gorgeous, i also love her ribbon hair!

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous! ... :0)

Shirl x

Linda said...

I love the doll - just shows how patterns can be adapted! I saw the pattern in Sew Hip and was not taken with it at all, but the way you have made the doll is great!

Dawn said...

The face looks really good - I know you were a little worried about that.
Bother - just put some old stipey PJ's in the rag bank - you could have had them to make yourself another one.

Beach Bygones said...

Really cute doll. If she came to our house there would be lots of squabbling over who would get to keep her!

Anonymous said...

Vicki, when you say the last issue, do you mean issue 14? Or 13?
I really want to get the issue the doll is in, but of course I want to get the correct issue.
I haven't seen that magazine before but will certainly look out for it in future...thanks

VintageVicki said...

Viv - issue 14. If you let me have you address I can send you a photocopy of the pages & pattern (have got to do the same for another friend).

Thanks for all the comments ladies *blush*