Monday 8 February 2010

A hint of colour

Good evening

Well the weekend started with such promised - when the VV household eventually woke (quite late) on Saturday we were treated to a sunbeam peaking round the curtains. 

As it was so nice little son & I decided to walk into town to collect a newspaper and few forgotten pieces of shopping.  We called into the florists as the sunshine was making me long for more colour - opted for these mini-daffs which since the pic was taken have bloomed even more, bringing much needed sunshine into my kitchen. Thought they'd look even better in my cs cornishware bowl;

The boys all planned a cycle ride for after lunch as the weather was so nice.  Off they set leaving me with a quiet house to myself.  After a little while I wandered off upstairs to collect more wool and I happened to glance out of the window - oh dear - thick mist had decended.  They arrived home much quicker than planned having cut their ride short :(

Another hint of colour in the kitchen this weekend has been my gorgeous new silicone bun cases from £land - I bought one set to test and a lovely sister got me some more in the week;

Sunday  morning we were all up early & dressed as we were heading out for breakfast a treat to big son who is 14 later this week.  He choose to head to the FarmCafe @ Marlesford which is brilliant for a special treat - expensive but still cheaper than having a house full of 14 year old boys which was the alternative. I forgot to take my camera so there are no pics of him devouring his full english breakfast :(

I have been plodding on with 20 minutes of crafting - the knitted blanket now consists of 18 squares sewn together with another 2 ready to sew on.  When I've got this next band finished I will pop another photo on. I've also been planning a couple of sewing projects as I've more birthdays coming up and want to make things towards those - oh the joys of a big family!

See you later in the week.

xxxx Vicki xxxx

10 comments:

Floss said...

Soooo busy! Well done you. I am enjoying all the daffodil pictures I'm seeing today. I have ONE snowdrop flower in the garden now...

made with love said...

Ooooo, spring flowers, they are the best aren't they?
Wow, those bun cases look great. Poundland? I can't believe it. I am going to have to check them out.
Have a lovely week
Rachael XX

Mary Poppins said...

He He your buns look loverly, my buns are however a little flat and could do with a little bounce ;o)

I have similar cases from ASDA which are kinda cute, I love using them. I love the daffodiles :0)

Hugs

X

Shabby Chick said...

Those cake cases look gorgeous, I guess it also means you never run out! The daffodils are so pretty. I hope your big son had a great birthday :)

Mel xxx

Serenata said...

You are a busy bee, and the cakes look very yummy in their pretty cases.

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Happy birthday, sounds like a delicious & fun weekend, love Posie

Sarah said...

Wow, what a busy bee you are! I've got some similar cake cases but in pastel colours - they're so useful.
x

Jill said...

You have been busy, cake cases are fab, didn't realise they do them in Poundland, will have to pop down there to get some.

Hugs RosieP x

Mandy said...

Cake and flowers what more could a girl want.

Dawn said...

The daffs look just right in your new bowl!