Tuesday 2 February 2010

Thrifty Tuesday

Good afternoon

Is warmer but wetter here in Suffolk today and I nearly came straight home after I'd visited my grandparents this morning. I am so glad I didn't - the charity shops came up trumps today :)

Firstly 2 TG Green Cornishware basins - perfect for baking and just looking gorgeous with bulbs in;

Oh and the little strawberry cruet set too - all 3 things for just £3 :)

On to the church charity shop - this is a wonder aladdins cave of stuff - you really have to rummage.

More coloured knitting needles and another Ladybird book and

An almost full wooden reel of cotton in a very springtime yellow :)

Thankyou for all the comments on yesterdays post. It is great being part of a big family - never short of someone to go out with or just have a coffee & a natter.  Ok so when we were small there was fighting and arguing afterall we were normal - however I also remember lots of fun - sharing of books & toys.  This has continued now though we now share cooking tips, charity shop finds, homemade pressie swaps and of course clothes.  In fact one of my lovely sisters passed on a dress to me today too - she bought it in the sales but when she got it home she realised it wasn't her but would suit me to the ground.  A fair swap for the vintage coat I gave to her a few weeks ago :)

Off to keep another one of my new year resolutions - the bathrooms need lifting into a state of less messy ;)

See you soon

xxxx Vicki xxxx

13 comments:

Floss said...

Really rather envious here - I would have loved to have come shopping with you, although we might have had to fight over those bowls!

bellaboo said...

Those CS finds are lovely! Never thought of putting bulbs in those bowls...a great idea.

Bellaboo

Jennyff said...

Yes I'm another one who would love those bowls, great find.

Anonymous said...

I Love the bowls...they remind me of my Nan :o)

Shsjndkdns said...

Hi Vicki,
Lovely little treasures you've found. I had a little look today but didn't see anything I fancied :( Love the strawberry dish!
xx

Em said...

I love the picture on the top of your blog, I had on of thoses Fisher Price schools when I was a little girl, seeing that brought back happy memories x Great bowls too. Emma

Sophie - Chez Sophie said...

Lovely CS finds.
I'm coming up to suffolk in march to visit my parent in Felixstowe. They have fab CS, so can't wait for a good rummage.
Luv Sophie xxx

Beach Bygones said...

Wow! Great finds! Funnily enough I went to the Felixstowe CS today and found a great coat.

Jen Walshaw said...

What a great haul, I am missing my browsing, but just dont have the time at the moment

Shabby Chick said...

Hi Vicki,

Thanks so much for becoming a follower and for your comment :)

Those are some great finds and I love your little strawberry that you made on a previous post!

Mel xxx

Joshy and belle said...

lovely finds, im always on the look out for cotton reels but never seem to find any. I tried to leave you a comment a couple days ago but blogger wouldn't do it, im hoping this one works, fingers crossed, fliss xx

Joshy and belle said...

yippie, it worked! xx

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Great goodies, I scored some more Ladybird books yesterday

Victoria xx