Thursday 17 December 2009

Snow is falling :)

Good evening - brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, is very cold here today and its not long started to snow and so far its settled a bit on the grass and plants too.  I tried taking a picture but it didn't work out - if its still there tomorrow I'll try again.

Was a big day today - it was my last day at work.  I've worked in a playgroup with under 5's for the past 3 years and have enjoyed it.  However in recent months the job has been taking over and after much soul searching I made the decision to once again become a SAHM and domestic operative.

When I got home I was feeling a little sad but my spirits were soon lifted when I spied a parcel with my name on it :). It was my Stocking Swap pressie from April.  Again I know this is a pressie I am allowed to open before the 25th and I wasted no time in doing so.  Here's what April sent me;

The stocking is gorgeous - actually I could do with another one and then I'd be wearing them to keep my footsies warm tonight ;)



2 gorgeous decorations for my tree - they look perfectly at home on there.


A yankee which smells very christmassy, chocolate & orange soap -again it smells amazing and it has glitter in it.  The Colony advent candle is lovely and shall be kept safe till next december - will save me a last minute dash to buy one.


Chocolate reindeer and Santa - they have worried looks on their faces - they know their time left is very limited ;)


A cute card with baby penguins on it - I want to 'borrow' the green spotty scarf from the 1st one.

Thankyou April very much indeed for my gorgeous stocking and lovely pressies.  Thanks also to Beki for organising this swap.

I've loved being part of 2 swaps this christmas and look forward to many more over the coming months.

Last day of term tomorrow and weather allowing the boys have things on at school.  For big son it is mainly dvd watching. For the little one it is a carol service in church were he's playing with both the school orchestra
and brass band - does mean one of us needs to meet him from school to help carry both his instruments, 2 lots of music and a music stand home!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

2 comments:

Mary Poppins said...

What a gorgeous swap, lucky you and how sweet of April :) Glad you like the little pumps, and not a frivolous investment at £6.00 from ASDA LOL

X

bellaboo said...

A lovely swap,such nice things.
I used to run a little nursery and although it was a while ago now,I still miss being with the children,especially at this time of year with all the Xmas 'makes', Nativity play,and Xmas party.
A few flakes falling here!

Bellaboo