Monday 2 August 2010

What to do with a knitted triangle??

Good evening

Am really out of the whole blogging routine at the moment - guess it will be like that till life returns to 'normal' in September.  Seem to have spent the last week doing housework - got seriously behind when the weather was extremely hot and am not fighting a losing battle with the spiders & dustmonsters.

Have found time to sew together the 24 triangles I've knitted so far;

Bunting

One side of cushion

Other side of cushion

For a first attempt I am really pleased with how things turned out. The cushion ended up with a custom made pad - I had to hoped to do some clever folding but in the end it was easier to empty the stuffing out and remake the case in the right shape. 

My parents called in this afternoon and Mum was rather taken with it - think I shall be starting one for her for Christmas very soon. Arrgghhh the 'C' word - the only downside of making stuff for pressies is you need to start really early.  BTW we were shopping at the weekend and passed a cheapie card shop - they had huge 'C' word cards in their window and wrapping paper :(

The weather has continued to be rather unsettled here which nearly scuppered plans for a garden tidy at the weekend. Fortunately Sunday morning was ok so it was all hands on tools to attack the weeds and the rather overgrown borders, grass & veggie patch. Even with all 4 of us working hard there are still bits that need doing another dry day.

An after photo of my little veggie patch - hopefully in a few weeks time we'll be getting lots from here - at least the rain has really mad stuff start growing quicker. (The little tower in the middle normally holds a sprinkler but that has gone away now the weather is wetter).

Has anyone else noticed that the evenings are getting darker earlier already? This year is going by so fast - only a few more weeks and this blog will celebrate its 1st birthday! I need to think how I shall celebrate that ;)

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

21 comments:

mother of purl said...

Love the bunting and the begies are looking good! Hope it is bountiful! xx

Kandi said...

Oohh I like the triangle cushions, beautiful!
Kandi x

Debbie said...

I love your nice,tidy and productive veg plot. I wish I could have one but my garden is too dark, with trees all round.
The cushions are lokking good too - sounds like you had better get knitting!

Felted House said...

I'm still trying to tidy up our garden - almost everything needs cutting back now doesn't it? Yes I'd noticed the nights getting darker - time rushes past although I do love autumn and don't mind the prospect. You're so right about needing to start home-made presents early, not that I'm organised enough to start yet! xx

Alijane said...

Our garden is in dire need of a weed and general tidy up, fancy popping over!

Your cushions look fab and the bunting.

Take care

Alison
x

The Patchwork Heart said...

Love your veggie patch I am just about to start one! Congrats on your 1st blog birthday ... to celebrate how about organising a swap or a giveaway ??? have a giveaway at the moment would you like to sign up? Pop over and have a look!
Heather x

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow your garden is looking so wonderful! I love the set up for the peas and the beans. Might have to try something like that myself. Your cushions look so sweet and I love the flower in the centre. Great job.

Josie-Mary said...

I can't believe how fast this year is going! I need to start making Christmas stock at the end of this month... I haven't finished my summer list yet!
Your garden looks lovely, I'm hating having to water mine everyday. I wish it would be sunny during the day & rain at night to save me a job! :) x

bellaboo said...

Brilliant bunting and cushion...I love it!
It seems crazy to be thinking of 'C' now...but it will be here before we know it!You're going to have a good supply of veg by the looks of itBring on the rain...we've had none here for weeks!

Bellaboo :o)

Scented Sweetpeas said...

oohh lovely makes there. The 'c' things in shops already - nnnooooooooo! Where is the time going, it really is becoming quite scary how quickly time goes by.

Lisa said...

The bunting looks fab.
Well done all you lot for being so productive in the garden, you'll reap the tasty rewards!
Lisa x

Sarah said...

I love your cushion - I may copy the idea if that's OK as I know my mum would like one of those. Funny how a lot of us are thinking of the C word!
x

kim said...

Your cushion is gorgeous....Id love to find time to knit some of my own but with all the socks I'm knitting for Christmas....opps, there's that C word again. We had a little veg patch this year...not much room in our garden though, it's the size of a postage stamp,lol. Enjoy your homegrown veggies.
love florrie x

Anonymous said...

Great knitting, love your cushion ... :0)

Shirl x

Serenata said...

Oh don't talk about the nights getting darker earlier! It's not fair!

The garden looks great. I really have to work on mine, hopefully tomorrow or the weekend. With being away for a week it has got a bit out of hand.

I love the blue side of the cushion - what a good idea knitting triangles.

Sue at Dollytub Cottage said...

I have a great idea for the triangles.........BIKINIS :O)

Two upside down for the top, one for the bottom, plus a couple of bits of string. Not that they would ever stand a chance of covering up my ladyparts! (Unless, of course, they were MUCH bigger LOL) SueXXX

Beach Bygones said...

Hi there, I know what you mean about the evenings getting darker already. I must admit I was hoping for abit more of a scorcher summer! Veggie patch looks fab by the way!

Claire said...

Your veggie patch looks great! I dream of one of those, and i don't even like veg that much!

Anonymous said...

I love the bunting and the cushion, I am definitely going to get my head around knitting this winter!
Em xx

Joshy and belle said...

every year I plan home made presents in October time, so by december they are all in a pile half made in the bottom of my wardrobe, i alawys vow to make them for the following year and i never do, i dont know why! he he! i love your cushion, will you make me one for christmas too? Be your best friend!!!!he he!! its so pretty, ive not seen one like that before! fliss xxx

BadPenny said...

aww the woolly bunting is cute & your veg look good