Thursday 2 June 2011

Another buttony day

Good evening

Well I had a buttony day in September and you all approved - so today is also buttony. Firstly because my button swap parcel came yesterday from Ali @ Magic Making Hands and today I got to open it and take photos;

 Lots of pretty parcels wrapped up in pink tissue

Inside were;
 A sewing kit - the pin/needle case is gorgeous and so beautifully made.

 A corsage & button badge, a notebook and pencil - I had to hide these from my young niece today - she tried hard to persuade me that her need was greater than mine!!

 Magnetic pegs - ideal for keeping all those letters from school organised.

 A gorgeous little bucket of buttons - a really lovely rainbow mix of colours.

 A heart shaped lavender bag and of course what swap is complete without chocolate?


Here's what I sent to Ali - buttons in her favourite pink/green colours plus some handmade ones I bought at the weekend, a box for keeping things safe, a button corsage, a Russian doll lavender bag, chocolate buttons and an upcycled vintage linen cloth made into a button bag - complete with my own embroidery! All packed into a gorgeous box covered in pictures of vintage crockery;

Thought it looks like it just say button in the other photo - here's a pic to prove I can spell!


Thank you to Lemonade Kitty for organising this swap and to Ali for being a great swap partner - how clever were we to get our parcels to arrive the same day !

More buttony things to show you now - firstly the dress I made for a party this weekend;


Complete with button detail around the neckline;

As I mentioned earlier, I've had my young niece & nephew here for the day whilst my sister was at work. Apart from charging around outside with the boys and playing a complicated game of garden badminton/tennis my niece also did me a huge favour. My button tin has got rather full and every time I make something I have to empty it to find the right colour button - not now. She spent ages sorting them all out and putting them into jars - and she kindly wrote the labels too;


Lastly for today, I mentioned in my post on Monday about a striking gold in a charity shop over the weekend - well it wasn't anything to exciting to some but it was something I've wanted for ages. I found a vintage scrabble set - I have been after a set of tiles for ages as I fancied making some rings and earrings which I think will be popular when I do stalls at school fairs. Here's a ring I made for myself - have already had a few requests from friends for ones for them;


See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx


28 comments:

Kandi said...

Ooohh oddles of buttony goodness. I love that needle case lots and your embroidered button bag is fab! Wasn't a button swap a fab idea, god bless Lemonade Kitty!
Kandi x

Unknown said...

Oh buttons is my other habit! lol! Drooling x

Crafts @ Home said...

Lovely buttons, what fantastic swaps we've been enjoying recently, I love your new dress.... with added buttons.... I used to love going through my Mums button tin when I was little, I have just emptied all my buttons into a wills and kate wedding biscuit tin, I may live to regret it as they were nicely colour sorted like yours now.....
Sue Xx

lemonade kitty said...

You certainly got some lovely gifts, I love the needle case and the green heart button, is it handmade? Thanks for taking part in the swap I think we've all had loads of fun, Lucey x

Madison said...

Lovely Swaps. Well done to both of you.

Madison xxx

Unknown said...

Lovely button swap goodies! How wonderful that you've got your buttons sorted colour too :) x

Scarlett said...

Great swap goodies! Love the buttons in the jars too, I really should do that instead of having to rummage through them all. Scarlett x

Victoria - Florence and Mary said...

Nothing can make someone happier than buttons!!!

Victoria xxx

LissyLou said...

cute swaps!

**Anne** said...

Gorgeous swap goodies for both of you. The vintage Scrabble tile ring idea is superb. Have fun.
Anne xx

Shortbread and Ginger said...

What lovely swaps! Great idea of making jewellery from the scrabble letters!
Liz

Pomona said...

I love your button-trimmed dress - and the buttony swap parcels are really lovely, too!

Pomona x

Sarah said...

You can't beat receiving lots of pretty goodies in the post! I was thinking about scrabble last night but I now can't remember what I was thinking of making with the tiles - doh?!
Well done with the dress, it looks great.
x

Deborah said...

Great button swap, such lovely things you sent each other :) love the dress, it's so cute. Don't buttons look fab in these jam jars all colour coded? or am i just sad?! ;)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely swaps (both from you and to you!) I have a "C" scrabble ring! I love it and wear it all the time! :o)

C x

Catherine said...

Can you ever have too many buttons?! I think not! it looks to have been a great swap! Cx

Carolyn said...

I love the needle case and the green heart button! Love the dress, it's so cute.

San Diego Mobile Notary

Lisa said...

Wonderful buttony post.
Lisa x

Donna -Little Tiny Stitches said...

What a great post! Lucky swapsie ladies :o)

I love your dress that you made! It looks just right for me to be honest ... ;o)

And, what a fabulous idea for jewellery!
Have a lovely weekend Vicki,
Take care,
Donna x

janis said...

Vicki these are great! I have two button collections. 1st~ Vintage buttons that got passed to me from my Grandmother along with my own family buttons thrown in over the years. 2nd a jar of buttons from the Baby Clothes Project Im working on... The buttons from my daughters baby clothes.

Unknown said...

Lovely button'y' gifts! The button dress is great and I love the scrabble ring! :) x

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

Gorgeous swap goodies x

Magic Making Hands said...

thank you for a lovely swap! I'm glad you liked your goodies!

Miss Magpie said...

Thanks for your comment, I very nearly posted a picture but stopped myself just in time lol. I just hope you like them - eek.

Emma (Norfolk Treasures) said...

You sent and received lots of lovely things! Also the dress you made is gorgeous well done :)

Lace hearts said...

You are so very lucky to find that scrabble set - I've been after one forever, but never see them in charity shops. How lovely. Also love your dress - I'm hoping to build up the confidence to tackle dresses!
Thanks for popping onto my long neglected blog. I'm envious that two of yours eat salad - wish my proportion was higher than 33% of them happily munching sald! Lol.

fee @ chipper nelly said...

can't ever get enough of buttons! I keep mine in those Bon Mamon jars too...
(sometimes I mess them up just so I can justify reorganising them...I can imagine revealing that to a therapist when I finally lose the plot!)
fee x

Anonymous said...

Well, what a lovely lot of goodies! Hope you can keep those buttons in such an organised and ordered jam-jar fashion! Such a satisfying thing to go from large jumble of a button tin to neatly labelled and colour coded jars!