Thursday 22 November 2012

Changing of the seasons - the end of the Autumn

Good afternoon

I didn't intend for a bloggy break it just happened - what with family stuff and illness this past week has rather hurried by. Oh yes not only has my stupid gallbladder been playing up, MrVV took another of his wedding vows too seriously and shared his stinking cold with me!! Anyhow cold is improving and gallbladder under control thanks to a extremely low fat diet.

We did get out last Saturday to visit the new huge John Lewis Home store thats opened in Ipswich - oh what a place - full of lovely stuff and friendly staff. Its just a stones throw too from MrVV's office so he'll never have an excuse to miss my birthday/christmas again!! Even the carrier bags are lovely;


This week for me sees the end of Autumn - I always feel that once our family birthdays finish and those brass players of mine start their christmas engagements then winter has arrived. The first engagement is this Saturday - the christmas lights are being switched on in nearby Aldeburgh and the town have been on and on about the big event thats planned - they've got Lenny Henry switching the lights on - am tempted to heckle with some Tiswas style OOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!

I took the last lot of Autumn Views Challenge pictures on Sunday - what a difference a week made to one tree - the cherry lost all its leaves overnight;

 All the berries have been eaten from the back hedge - the only green remaining is the Leylandi and some ivy weaving its way through.

 An almost bear silver birch now.

Nothing left on these 3 either - even the oaks in the background are losing their leaves rather quickly now.

An almost bare cherry tree - you can now though see the buds for next season already.

One last thing for today - signs of new life - like last year, I found an abandoned hyacinth in the conservatory with tiny green shoots poking through - its in the house now and hopefully it might flower for christmas;


One advantage of being stuck indoors, I've made great progress on my two swaps and a pressie or two for family / friends too.

Time to go - I best go make myself some lunch and then I think a blog catching up session would be a good idea.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

12 comments:

the vanilla squirrel said...

...how lovely to have a local John Lewis...love the advert too with the snowmen....made me cry....gorgeous post have a lovely bloggy day x

Crafty Helen said...

Good to hear tht your gall bladder pain is under control - I think that's how Rosemary Conley invented her 'Hip & Thigh Diet' all those years ago? I can't wait for December & all things Christmassy (to be honest I'm not at all sure what's come over me)?! XX

Vintage Sheet Addict said...

Love you photos! Take good care of yourself! :)

Sheila said...

What pretty Autumn pics, and what an exciting find in your conservatory!!

moonstruckcreations said...

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Arent our men folk generous with their germs??!!

Thanks so much for joining in the Autumn Views challenge, I have really enjoyed it!

Helenxx

Josie-Mary said...

Lenny Henry switching on the lights is very cool!! Hope you feel better soon :) x

BadPenny said...

Poor you suffering gall stone troubles and a cold.
Jess & I had a good mooch around John Lewis last week all sparkly & full of goodies !

Lisa said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better.
Enjoy the weekend.
Lisa x

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Vicki
I am a new follower, just returning the compliment! Lovely photos.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who was disappointed with The Simple Things issue 3. I think I might get the Christmas edition and see what that is like, but I shall certainly investigate Pretty Nostalgic too. Thank you for the tip.
Best wishes
Ellie

Floss said...

It was lovely to have you pop in and great to hear that you're up for A Pause in Advent again this year - thanks, Vicki. Glad to hear you're feeling better, too. Stay well for a lovely Advent and Christmas!

Unknown said...

Sorry you haven't been very well i caught a cold to my eyes have been streaming this weekend but hopefully yours clears up quickly for you. dee x

Crafty in the Med said...

Hello Vicki,
I thought of you when I saw the trailer on TV Saturday that Downton Abbey 2 starts Wednesday evenings here on Spanish Tv. I have been eagerly awaiting it since I saw the first one at the beginning of 2012. I was getting quite envious on reading comments on several blogs about it and now its here yippee!!!
Sorry to hear you've had gallbladder problems ...quite painful as I recall.

Lovely Autumn photos...as always reminds me of home.

Hope you get better soon

Amanda :-)