Monday 2 December 2013

And now for some good news :)

Good morning

I know, I know - another long gap between blog posts. The usual life getting in the way of photo taking and actually sitting down at PC to write a post.

I think part of the problem is 'other things on my mind'.

One of the big 'other things' has been the ongoing worries about my health and backwards and forwards trips to hospitals to be prodded, poked and have needles stuck into me.

The last trip was the day of the storm and I've been waiting nearly a month for either a call or letter to let me know how I'd got on and what happens next.

Last Wednesday I got in from work and there on my desk was a brown envelope - having received many of these this year I knew who it would be from - but what would it contain?

A letter from my cardiologist saying that the tests at Papworth showed that my heart was mostly normal and within the expected range. So putting these results with the other data, they have decided to discharge me from the Cardiology clinic and I need no more follow up appointments :)

Yippee 5 months to the day from when day surgery started a whole new chain of events, it was all over.

I am surprised that my yelps didn't attract more attention - however the boys came rushing to see what was happening and to see me leap several feet into the air !


So no more nagging worries about heart giving out - so time to get life back on track and have some serious fun. 

2013 has been one heck of an emotional roller-coaster ride - its now looking like it will end a whole lot better than it began!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

20 comments:

Kathy said...

That's great news. I know how much health worries can wear you out. The 'what -ifs' that sneak into your head in the middle of the night.
Now you must start enjoying life again. Make the most of every day x

Used-to-Bees said...

Good news! May life's roller-coaster continue much more smoothly from here on in - have fun!
x

Lisa said...

Tremendous news! So pleased for you.
Enjoy all you have planned for the festive season as I'm sure they'll be much to do!
Lisa x

Unknown said...

You must feel so relieved...enjoy being 'mostly normal'. xx

gillyflower said...

What a relief for you - brilliant news!!
Now you can get on and really enjoy Christmas and the mad rush up to it!
So pleased for you!
Gill xx

Lucy said...

That is brilliant news, Vicki. My Dad had a heart op at Papworth a couple of years ago, and I can vividly remember how stressful the whole thing was and the relief felt when he, too, was signed off. Wishing you good things for 2014 :-)

Unknown said...

That's great news- what a relief it must be- now you can try to enjoy the festive season feeling a little more settled. Best wishes

Amanda said...

Thats wonderful news x

topchelseagirl said...

Yay wonderful news! My friend's husband had a heart transplant at Papworth and has had fantastic care from them.

Vix said...

Delighted for you! 2014 can only be a million times better! x

Jacquie said...

So glad you got good news Vicki, hope you have fun over the festive season and enjoy Christmas in your lovely new home.
Jacquie x

moonstruckcreations said...

Fab news - what a relief!

Helenxx

Crafty in the Med said...

So very pleased for you Vicki! Here's wishing you a very relaxing and stress free christmas with your family.

Keep well

Amanda. Xx

Miss Magpie said...

HUZZAH! Such good news. x

Twiggy said...

Brilliant news
Twiggy x

Jo said...

Fantastic news! Many congratulations - and definitely time to have some fun now!
Jo x

**Anne** said...

I'm so happy to hear you are o.k. No more appointments, what a relief.
Anne xx

Unknown said...

aahh that is fabulous news :-) The only way is forwards now. Hugs, dee x

Lizzy said...

Such great news, you must be so relieved. Now you can put those boots on and wave your stick all you want!

Claire said...

that's fab news, my fil has been having treatment at Papworth for his heart for a few years now and they have now finally sorted him out os they are thinking of taking him off his meds which is great! brilliant work they do xx