Monday 11 October 2010

Monday Round-up

Good evening

Excuse the randomness (such a teenager phrase -blame big son for this one) of tonight's post - lots of little bits to share with you all.

Firstly, I've started some festive sewing, working in my favourite medium - felt. It started with this fella;

I didn't have enough felt left to make him a partner but he is now a single father to these two;

Hoping the postie comes tomorrow with some more supplies as he's finding it rather tough ;)

How was your weekend? Ours was ok - Saturday saw all the men in the garden tackling our back hedge - 2 trailer loads of cuttings later it was looking better if slightly bare. That evening we headed out in 2 groups for dinner - MrVV & Little Son out to a local carvery for a roast and Big Son & I headed to the Indian, we met up with all 5 of my sisters and my little brother to celebrate a sisters birthday - no photos, I forgot.

Sunday dawned sunny & bright. 75% of us headed off out to a local Country Fair with the remaining 25% staying at home to do homework (his choice). Plus he wasn't feeling 100% so thought the peace & quiet would be good for him.  The 3 of us had a good day though it felt strange with one missing. Loads to see & do - though sadly the big wheel was missing this year just as I'd decided to be brave and go on it :(


I rather enjoyed the marching pipe and drum band - you certainly knew they were coming - so loud!

Now at any one time in blogland there are some wonderful giveaways happening and like most bloggers I try hard to enter as many as possible and also to share the details with others. Well here's one I've found that I really don't want to share as I'd really really like to win it - however I'm not mean so here are the details. The lovely & generous Jackie @ Sew Special Bears is offering one of her special edition Breast Cancer Awareness bears to one lucky blogger.


Isn't it the most gorgeous bear - Jackie is one clever lady.

Right off to wrap my Pumpkin Swap parcel - I must get that posted tomorrow.

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

15 comments:

Jen Walshaw said...

I adore your gingerbread men, they are wonderful. Sorry for being a bad commenter, so much going on in my house at the moment and my brain isnt all right!

Anonymous said...

I too love the single Dad. I have some felt waiting to be made into decorations too - let me know if you would like me to send him a partner!xx

Kandi said...

My kids use Random all the time it drives my hubbie mad! Your gingerbread men are sweet, I think I might attempt some of these.
kandi x

Nearly there Claire said...

I LOVE that little man...! Run, run as fast as you can, or Claire will come and steal you!!! Hee hee. x

Unknown said...

The felt gingerbread people are so sweet, hope he finds a partner soon! :) x

Em said...

Aww poor Mr Gingerbread Man...x

Josie-Mary said...

Loving the ginger bread man & the fair looked good :) x

Jackie said...

Hi Vicki - thankyou so much for the blog mention of my giveaway - I really appreciate it. I will add your name twice x Love that gingerbread man!! xx

Sarah said...

Cute gingerbread man! I have to confess that I do use the word 'random' quite a lot!!

Unknown said...

Mr Gingerbread is a rather handsome chap! I will pop and see Jackie - her bear is adorable!

kim said...

Gingerbread men and Christmas.......a match made in heaven. I have a fancy to make some gingerbread men to hang in my kitchen, thanks for the inspiration.
florrie x

Vintage Tea Time said...

Love the lone gingerbread man - he's like David Tennant in some new TV thing I caught part of on ?Sunday!

Amy (Blighty Boutique) said...

The gingerbread men are so cute. Love them x

Lisa said...

What a cute gingerbread man! I bet you'll sell those no problem.
Lisa x

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend ! That is one gorgeous bear !