Monday 26 March 2012

A birthday weekend away

Good evening

You know that bout of Bloggers Block I was suffering with the other week? Well good news - its cleared - its been replaced by a dose of more posts than there are days of the week syndrome!! Here's day one of my week of blogging (well thats the plan anyhow!!).

We headed off to Cambridge almost as soon as the boys left for school on Friday - no point wasting any of this precious time away. 

Friday was spent shopping - mainly for me - birthday pressies :) A new frock and pretty new Birkenstocks (pics next time) from MrVV and some funky new Converse bought with birthday money. 

The weather was gorgeous - as well as shopping we walked through various parks and sat watching the world go by.

Saturday was tourist day :) Firstly we met up with my baby brother for a coffee and catch up. We then went our seperate ways - tourist time - photo opportunites aplenty - even managed to get loads towards the Photo Scavenger Hunt this month :)

 Cambridge - the city of bicycles

 Graduation ceremonies were taking place.

 Watching punting - we still never got round to having a go.

 The usual chaos - almost a collision.

 So sunny, a shadow picture had to be taken.

 Spring flowers blooming everywhere.

 The Mathematical Bridge at the back of Queens College.

 Reflections of the blue skies in the Cam.

Another bicycle - a very Vicki pink one.

We did more walking on Sunday - really happy to say my ankle held up really well.

We were so lucky with the weather - nothing I like more than wandering around in the warm spring sunshine.

See you soon - I might share some of pressies with you ;)

xxx Vicki xxx

13 comments:

Magic Bean said...

Another reminder not to take my own patch for granted (Wildacre did a Cambridge post). Lovely photos of familiar places. So glad the sun shone for your birthday weekend. Ax

fee @ chipper nelly said...

lovely pictures Vicki - what lucky weekend weather!
Happy new week to you...fee ♥

Lisa said...

You can tell just have glorious the weather was by your photos, they zing with sunshine. Glad you had a great time and good that your ankle let you walk around and see so much.
Lisa x

Dina said...

Aw I want to go on the boat!

Claire said...

i love Cambirdge! and i've never been punting either!

Kashi said...

This post really brought back memories. I took a special summer course at Cambridge when I was living in England and going to university during the rest of the year. It is such a lovely place. I was lucky enough to stay at Queen's College for six weeks. Some of my fondest memories. Happy Birthday to you Miss Vicky.

**Anne** said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time, the weather just perfect too.
Anne xx

Josie-Mary said...

Looks like you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your presents :) x

Deborah said...

Glad you had a wonderful time, it looks beautiful :)

Bee happy x
Have a delicious day!

Tea at Weasel's said...

A lovely post!... All those vintage bicycles are making me swoon! I have just bought myself a bike... I cannot wait to get out and about on it (may have to purchase a cute little wicker basket for the front too!)

Happy birthday for the other day, hope you had a wonderful day! Mine was on the 12th March... Spring birthdays are lovely aren't they?

Have a super week xx
Louise

Tina said...

Seems like you had a lovely spring day! That pink bike is just so cute!
xx

Fleur Cotton said...

What a perfect sunny day for a lovely visit. I've never been to Cambridge, it looks a lovely place to visit.

I just love your first photo of the bicycle.

Fleur xx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous photos Vicki - particularly love the 'Usual chaos - almost a collision' one of the punts on the Cam.