Sunday 12 January 2014

52 weeks of Vicki - week 2

Good morning

Hurrah another sunny one - I do love them. Our dining room faces south so its been a lovely sunny and late breakfast here today.

I didn't mean to be up quite so late but my body was tired from a lovely but tiring day yesterday. Our first dance event of 2014 - Whittlesey Straw Bear Festival in the Fens.

It was a very early start - we left just after 7 and I travelled with a group of friends. We had an in car breakfast picnic - bacon sandwiches, banana muffins and lots of coffee.

Now I think Suffolk is flat but the Cambridgeshire Fens are even flatter - once the sun came up you could see for miles - I just wish I'd been more awake and taken some photos.

Now as ever with Morris stuff - I can't take pics and dance so I've pinched the first few from a friend!!

 I'm in the middle with my back to the camera!!


As you can see taking pics was tricking - the sun was very bright and the streets packed so moving about to get a better angle wasn't easy.

I've just opened the patio doors and snapped this view - the garden bathed in low winter sunshine;


So week 2 of the year and lots of happy stuff. No more dancing out for a while but we've a winter full of practises to get through - I for one need the practise - I managed to hit myself yesterday on the face and am now sporting a slightly black eye!! Must learn sticks bounce back when you hit with them and if you lose concentration for a second you will get hit!!! 

Right a sister has just arrived so I'd best get the coffee on!!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

8 comments:

Jacquie said...

Happy dancing and happy sunny Sunday Vicki. Love your garden view.
Jacquie x

topchelseagirl said...

Ouch! Yes I agree that Cambridgeshire is far flatter than Suffolk or Norfolk.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Oh dear, Vicki - hope your black eye isn't too sore! Looks like fun, though!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

dottycookie said...

Oh, we nearly went to Whittlesea yesterday but my kids were freaked out by the pictures of the straw bear. You had a wonderful day for it!

Tracy said...

I couldn't get over how flat the debs were when we visited Cambridgeshire! Your dancing looks great although the black eye sounds a bit painful. Practice makes perfect so they say. Enjoy x

Unknown said...

Just love the outfits .. some rather spanking purple Doc's the lady is sporting.
It all looks such good fun.
x

**Anne** said...

Ouch, a black eye from dancing. It looks like you had fun though.
Anne xx

Unknown said...

Looks fun :-) happy new year to you. Dee x