Monday 2 June 2014

A fab night out :)

Good morning

I could be wandering around the house with a hoover but instead its time to have 5 minutes in front of the computer and blog! I have been good though - laundry all done, kitchen tidy and bank account checked and balance reconciled - one thing I have got really good at over the past 18 months - checking my balance and managing my spending accordingly.

Anyhow I left off last time saying I was off to a gig with friends. Ok so some of you know via Facebook and Instagram there is someone special again in my life and it was this person I was off out with. 

We were off to see some friends play a gig in Bury in aid of the local hospice - in fact out of the 10 musicians involved that night - 8 are friends of ours.

I didn't take any pics during the evening but this one was taken last year when I was in the same theatre having danced in public for the first time!

 Afterwards we headed back to our hotel - a rather lucky find. Cheaper than the chain budget hotels and much much nicer. A gorgeous country house in the middle of nowhere;


The breakfast was amazing - I took this pic to taunt Big Son!!

Sadly these days I can't clear a plateful like this - I tried blooming hard though!!

We headed home late morning but via John Lewis - time to treat myself to something I've wanted for ages - a DAB radio that I can take around the house and garden so I have music to work to - big dilemma time - what colour! I opted for a deep reddy/pink colour;

 Right back to work time - I have a mountain of paperwork that needs copying and I keep putting this task off!

See you soon

xxx Vicki xxx

3 comments:

lavender attic said...

ooh intrigue! Love it! Hope you are having a lovely time you deserve it x

Miss Magpie said...

Good for you :) I love your new radio I need to invest in something for the kitchen my old one died a death and you have to have the stereo up full blast to hear it in there!

gillyflower said...

Looked like a wonderful night out!
Love your new radio too - good colour choice!
Gill xx