Sunday 7 March 2010

Show & Tell Sunday




Josie-Mary is running a new theme - Show & Tell Sunday's - once a month she'll choose a theme and we get to do a school style show & tell :)

This month the theme is a favourite cosy space.  There is no contest in my house as to which space this is - anyone coming here for the first time would be able to spot where Vicki spends lots of time ;)

This spot is the corner of our kitchen - we're lucky that this room is big (one of the reasons I like this house).  When we viewed the house I could instantly see there would be room for a sofa in the kitchen something I'd always wanted.  The dresser is built in - and again I could see the cupboards would be great for my collection of vintage china & other clutter.  Look closely at the picture and you can see other signs of me - patchwork quilt & cushions, a granny blanket, my knitting basket, a CK bag, a sewing box, a pile of books & magazines, a jug of spring flowers, lots of daggly 'dust-catchers', some bunting and last but not least the square I'm currently knitting for my blanket.

Off out into the real world today - going over the border to visit friends in Essex.

Looking forward to seeing what others post later.

xxx Vicki xxx

17 comments:

charl said...

what a fantastic corner of your home.. that is my ideal kitchen.. i love it. looks all warm and cosy and very much based around the family.. can i come and stay!!!

Jen Walshaw said...

What a cosy corner, thank you for letting me in to see a small part of your life. We are off to Whitby!

melanie said...

Looks like a very lovely place to be, very cosy indeed. :) xxx

Andrea said...

Beautiful....warm and inviting!! Hope you have a wonderful day with your friends.
andrea

topchelseagirl said...

That looks like a very cosy corner. I'd love to have a sofa in the kitchen too, and of course a dresser.

MarmaladeRose said...

I like your cosy place, I think we would get along very well, me and you. LOL

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

Wow you must have such a good time on that sofa. I love that it's a part of your kitchen, makes it more homely and not just that dreaded room we have to stop crafting for! Enjoy your crochet.

Josie-Mary said...

That looks so cosy..... I think you can always see where us crafty people sit!!! I have lots of dust catchers too! Thanks for joining in, look forward to April :)

made with love said...

How lovely to have space for a sofa in your kitchen. It certainly looks very cosy,
Have fun,
Rachael xx

LissyLou said...

That is a lovely little cosy place with wonderful bits and pieces x

bellaboo said...

Ooooh...I would feel right at home in your kitchen! I love your cosy corner.
I dream of having a bigger kitchen so that I can have a table in there,and an aga!
I have been able to squeeze a dresser in mine though.

Bellaboo :o)

Kelly said...

Oh what a lovely kitchen! Wish i had room for a dishwasher in mine let alone a sofa!!!
Isn't this a great idea! I'm joining in too!

Shabby Chick said...

Looks like a wonderful cosy corner :)

We have the same New York station pic as well! But mine's in a black frame, I love looking at the people in that.

Mel xxx

JP said...

looks a great cosy corner - does it take the sun too?

Pea Green Kitty said...

Arent you lucky to have such a large kitchen, it looks all lovely and cosy and snuggly there, a good spot to read with a nice cuppa!
x

...Nina Nixon... said...

'oh' to have a nice big kitchen with a sofa in it.................maybe one day. Nx

andamento said...

I love your cosy space! So nice to have room in a kitchen for a dresser AND a sofa! We've no plans to move again ever, so I can't even say " maybe one day"!