Monday 29 March 2010

Weekend - part 2

Right where did I leave off?

Oh yes - waiting for a phonecall.  It never came, in fact just as I was about to call MrVV & Little Son, they arived home.  The exam had gone ok & Little Son hopes he did enough to pass. We shall find out in about 4 weeks time.

There was a quick turnaround - shower & eating - and then they headed out to LS's brass engagement.  Apparently that went well too - MrVV might have embarassed LS by tumbling across the stage when he was infact just helping to sort a rogue snare-drum out!!

It was quite late when the pair of them arrived home - in fact I was dead to the world, having gone to bed to read but I'd dozed off with the book across my face (no photos though).

Sunday morning was a bit muddly - the hour change confusing all & meaning there wasn't time to do much before we headed out to lunch.  It is FIL's 75th birthday this week so we headed out as a group of 9 to a lovely pub near Woodbridge.

Afterwards, we dropped big son at home (he'd opted out of fresh air & a walk) and the remaining 3 of us headed to Aldeburgh. Ernest had come along to so we thought we'd take him to have his picture taken on a local landmark, Maggi Hambling's Scallop;



It was lovely there yesterday - quite warm and not too busy. I suspect next weekend it will be very different as Aldeburgh fills with visitors for the Easter weekend.

When we got home it gave us time to do all the normal Sunday things - getting ready for school in the morning etc etc.

Was going ok when LS was suddenly struck down with a migraine :( - first we ever know about these is when he is sick :(  We packed him off to bed with some painkillers. Fortunately he's fine this morning if a little wobbly so he gets to spend the day at home with me. 

I was saddened to read yesterday of the death of one of my favourite authors & bloggers, Elspeth Thompson.  I am a big of fan of hers & have referred to her books on this blog on several occasions.

I shall see you later in the week & reveal where Ernest is heading next ;)

BTW who is heading to the Vintage Fair in Woodbridge next weekend??

xxx Vicki xxx


10 comments:

made with love said...

Blimey, you have had a busy weekend. Love the giant scallop. I heard about Elspeth Thompson too. Very sad.
Hope you have a great week.
Rachael xx

Jen Walshaw said...

Looks like you had a good weekend. I used to suffer migranes like that when I as younger and it is very sad to hear about Elspeth. I too have one of books, far roo young

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend. I love Aldeburgh and will be heading that way myself over the Easter holidays. There is a possibility that I may end up at the Vintage Fair in Woodbridge next weekend, it all depends on whats on and where lol! ... :0)

Shirl x

Dawn said...

I will! But then you know that as I'm giving you a lift.
Aldeburgh was quiet all weekend - J got fish and chips for Sturday tea and didn't have to queue!

Jill said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend.

Hugs RosieP x

BadPenny said...

I haven't been to Suffolk for years but we do have family in Woodbridge so you never know ! What an amazing sculpture - I hope Ernest was suitably impressed & didn't make any silly jokes.
Was sad to hear about Elsbeth Thompson too.
Mum & brother used to suffer Migraines but they did stop getting them - horrible things

Sarah - Red Gingham said...

That structure looks like a huge peacock to me. I love ourdoor art. Your poor boy getting migraines! Hope he's feeling back to normal by now.

Diane said...

Weekends race by because we pack so much stuff into them - all sounds like fun and love the shell sculpture. So sad and totally shocking about Elspeth. I could never have imagined she had depression when the world that she showed us was full of light, hope and beauty. xx

Rubyred said...

So sad about Elspeth Thompson.Very shocking too!

I haven't picked my branch yet either!
Lovely photo of The Scallop!
Rachel x

Suzy's Vintage Attic said...

A busy weekend! Shame about the migraine, they are such a nuissance. I get them about once a month or so.
What a popular little pink hen, it's the second one I've seen on a blog today, I think Pomona has the same one!
Warm wishes
Isabelle x