Sunday 14 March 2010

A Weekend of muchness :)

Thankyou ladies for all the comments about my last post - reading back I do sound grumpy don't I - oops!

Amazing what a trip to the hairdressers can do for a persons wellbeing - a cut & a colour later and I felt much more like a normal Vicki (whatever normal is ;) ).

Yesterday I went to see my Mum and take her card & pressies - as there are so many of us we tend to break our Mothers Days visits up as otherwise it gets rather overwelming!!  Mum loved her card & pressies :) and no sooner had she opened those when another sister arrived along with my little niece & nephew.

They had a great time exploring the cupboard where the toys are kept - I hadn't realised what a collection of vintage toys were still at my parents - Fisher Price & original fuzzy felts - was great to see them played with by a young ones more used to Nintendo and modern plastic stuff.

Whilst I was out MrVV & little son built my dolls house :) ;

Just needs the paintwork touching up, then decorating & furnishing - think this is very much a long term project.

Today as we all know was Mothering Sunday - and true to their word I've had a day off :)  Meaning the menfolk have cooked, washed up and looked after me.  Big son was given the job of pudding (Apple Crumble) for tonights dinner - how he managed to break my peeler I'll never know - have nicknamed him Hulk for the moment ;).  MrVV took the boys out yesterday so they could buy cards & pressies;
Lastly with all my spare time today, I've just about finished my colour swap things (MadMum I shall email you this week) and have also made something as part of a giveaway (more on that another day).

See you later in the week - I must get myself organised with my photo taking - have things I want to show you :)

xxxx Vicki xxxx


13 comments:

maryannlucy said...

Looks like you had a lovely day. Apple crumble - my favourite :-)

Kelly said...

What a lovely day! Love the dolls house!

sarah-jane down the lane said...

Glad you were spoilt, that dolls house is so cool!

Sarah x

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Just had a glum weekend & went to cheer myself up with a hair cut - um, the shopping centre had to be evacuated for a fire alarm just as i sat down for fabulousness to adorn my head!! Still need a hair cut but giggling again. Love Posie

bellaboo said...

My Mum has a cupboard like that for when the grt.grandchildren come over.They love the old fashioned toys,they're a novelty for them.
Great dolls house! Have you seen Carol's one she's making on Wee cute treasures blog...it's amazing!

Bellaboo :o)

Jen Walshaw said...

Love the dolls house. I am sorry not to have been in touch, I think I have vertigo. I am feeling sorry for myself

Dawn said...

Glad you are finally getting those males trained in Mothers Day etiquette!

Booklinks said...

Oooh I love the dollhouse, there is one on my wish list!

Jill said...

Love the dolls house, sounds like you had a fab day.

Hugs RosieP x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous dolls house and sounds like you had a very relaxing Mother's Day ... :0)

Shirl x

Floss said...

So glad you had a good Sunday. It's a special day (in France it's in May) and it must have been lovely to share it with your mum too.

Now - I remember talking about Easter chocolates. Would you like me to send something especially French across for you and the boys?

Josie-Mary said...

Sounds like a lovely day :)

Jen said...

Your post has reminded me to bring home the gorgeous dolls house that's currently sitting in my mum's attic. It's a duck egg blue Victorian town house complete with fully decorated interior and electrics. I was obsessed with antique dolls houses when I was about 15 and spent hours restoring it. I can't wait to pass it on to my children. Thanks for the nudge! :)