Saturday 2 January 2010

A New Start

At the end of the 2nd day of the new decade - much naturally is the same as before ;)  The weather here remains bitterly cold and I find myself dreaming of warmer days and having to wear less layers. Have also started looking for campsites for our summer hols - first hurdle is to decide which part of the country we want to visit.

In a bid to work off some of the delicious christmas pud we've eaten, we've been heading out most days for a walk.  New Years Eve we headed to Southwold - was one of those days when the wind came straight off the north sea and hit the first things it found - us - and tried to blow us over!


We tried again today - different location, Aldeburgh. Definately less wind but still as cold.  Wasn't too bad as we parked up near the famous Scallop and headed along the beach path.  As we reached the far end of the sea wall the sky started to darken and we quickened our pace for the walk back.

Plenty of signs of life today - children riding new bicycles and scooters and lots of new, festive woolley hats & scarves.  The fishermen seemed to be doing excellent trade with todays catch. 


The sky continued to darked;


And soon it was snowing/sleeting hard.  Little son tried hard to catch snowflakes on his tongue;


We headed home - back to the relative warmth of the house.  Since the start of the school holidays I've got used to replacing one of my afternoon cuppas with a hot chocolate. In the interest of healthy eating, I've now cut out the whipped cream and just top it with a handful of marshmallows!


I think even those will be given up when things return to normal on Monday/Tuesday. MrVV returns to work (he works from home so he's not too worried if the weather turns bad!), and the boys return to school. I've got my new role a SAHM to get used to again - though looking at the house I've got plenty to do.

As it the start of a new year and I've been chatting to you for a few months now, I thought it only polite to finally introduce myself - here's me - normally behind the camera and not in front;


Lots to look forward to over the coming months - lots of birthdays including my 40th, camping trips to be planned and booked and hopefully a festival or 2 over the summer months.  Little son has a violin exam in March and big son gets to pick his GCSE options around easter-time. Add  to that the normal family stuff, brass engagements and trying to do work on the house & garden - I'd say 2010 is filling up nicely.

See you soon

xxxx Vicki xxxx

10 comments:

Beach Bygones said...

Happy 2010! Nice to meet you!

Tilly Rose said...

Happy New Year wishes! Loving your photos! Heres to a smiley 2010!
Hugs Karen x x x

Andrea said...

Hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Blessings, andrea

PS: I have a prayer request on arise 2 write.

Jen Walshaw said...

Happy New Year to you Vicky. I love your blog and see that we have lots in common too!!! I look forward to learning lots more about you and your two boys. I have a lot to learn about boys!

Kelly said...

Great to finally meet you!!!
Happy New Year!!!

Rubyred said...

Happy 2010!
How lovely to see you!
Rachel x

Dawn said...

So thats what you look like ;)

Country Cottage Chic said...

Happy 2010! It's always nice to put a face to a name.

Jayne

bellaboo said...

Nice to see the friendly face to match the name.We walked by the sea this weekend...lovely if you're well wrapped up!
A good start to your new year.Have a happy one!

Bellaboo

...Nina Nixon... said...

'Ah' and there you are 'hello' in return it's so lovely to meet you.

Happy New Year,

Nina x